Monday, February 12, 2007

Note to Rudy - The 2nd amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting

If there is one thing that irks me about politicians, it is those who claim that the 2nd amendment is about hunting or that they are pro-2nd Amendment, and go on some BS hunting trip like John Kerry did (and he didn't even do that right). While I am supportive of hunting, as well as a hunter myself, it has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment.

From the AP

Rudy Giuliani addressed a potentially troublesome issue with conservative voters, saying his policies as mayor to get handguns off the street helped reduce crime in New York.

"I used gun control as mayor," he said at a news conference Saturday during a swing through California. But "I understand the Second Amendment. I understand the right to bear arms."

He said what he did as mayor would have no effect on hunting.


Rudy (who should know better as an attorney) either doesn't understand the 2nd amendment or is playing from the DLC's gun grabbing playbook in an attept to split "Elmer Fudds" (hunters who support gun grabs and think their guns are safe - after their ammo was targeted for a ban) and other gun owners.

My biggest 2a problem with Rudy is the fact that he tried to bankrupt firearm manufacturers as mayor by litigation. That loses any chance of my vote. This gamesmanship just reinforces it. If Rudy said that he was representing New Yorkers (who are overall very anti 2nd amendment) as mayor and said he would not support any new gun laws as Americans as a whole disagree with New Yorkers on this issue, I could respect that as opposed to this gamesmanship. With "support" like Rudy's, gun owners do not need opposition.

No comments: