Monday, September 09, 2013

Peter King Running for President

This guy isn't my first choice, but he's the first to announce. We need to make sure we have a good candidate in 2016. There's a lot of maybes out there for 2016, but I'll give Peter King credit for not playing games and just saying that he's in.

From the Hill

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) is running for president.
In a radio interview this week, the Republican lawmaker told a New Hampshire station that he was in the state “because right now I’m running for president,” according to The New York Daily News.

The visit was King’s second of four trips to the traditional home of the nation’s first presidential primary.  The announcement makes King the first Republican to officially declare their intentions to run for president in 2016.

King and I differ on a few issues. He's a lot more neoconservative than I am. He's also no friend of the 2nd Amendment. I wouldn't call him a RINO. He's a Northeastern Republican who represents part of Long Island and that has to be taken into account with his views. It is what it is up there, and I'm not going to balk at people representing their districts. I'd rather have Peter King there than the next Carolyn McCarthy.
 
I haven't decided yet for 2016. We need to get past 2014 first. 2016 is to early to tell who is a possible frontrunner. Back in 05, George Allen was speaking to an event. Many of us thought he was "the next in line" for 2008. He lost re-election in the 2006 wave. That ended that.
 
There's a lot of talk about Obamacare and defunding it and everything else. If you really want to slay the dragon, solve the actual problem and slay the dragon. The problem is the Senate and Presidency. Take them out. At least someone's stepping up to the plate even if I'll probably be voting for a different candidate in the primary. 

1 comment:

Communications guru said...

Peter king? Peter King? I can't wait until 2016.