Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Return of the robocalls

It's close to election time and the robocalls and political phone calls are back.

The worst offenders once again are American Family Voices. I've gotten four calls by those jerks, all spewing BS against Mike Rogers. It's run by Bill Clinton democrats like David Wilhelm (Ex-DNC chair) and Mike Lux (Clinton aide, political director of People for the unAmerican Way). Mike Lux runs the show at AFV. If they have a toll free number, someone should give them a taste of their own medicine and make them lose a lot of their union and Soros money. I did find a business number from back in 03. 202.628.7772 ext. 126 (Business number). Maybe some of you readers can call him up and ask Mike Lux to stop flooding you with robocalls.

With the January primary coming up, some of the campaigns are calling people. I got two surveybots on my answering machine. I haven't made up my decision yet, but if you want to lose my vote real quickly, call me with push polls, robocalls, and attack ads. I really think political phone calls cost more votes than they gain. I can not tell you how many people were pissed off at the calls bombarding their homes during last election season. Think about this. We had all the interest groups robocalling them, at least seven from Mike Lux and American Family voices alone. We had the call centers for the campaigns and political parties themselves. With races for governor, senate, congress, state reps, and everyone else, that all adds up. People at home eating dinner do not like being disturbed and invaded by solicitations over the phone. That goes double for those in a profession viewed on the same level as a used car salesman. I got more complaints about this than anything else over last election season, and I think these calls cost us about 2% in the polls.

Both parties are guilty of this. Mike Lux may be the worst, but he's not the only one.

No comments: