Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Michigan Primary - Game 4 Today (updates given here throughout the day)

Today's the Michigan Primary. I was absentee ballot number 60 in Green Oak. It seems fairly low for a presidential race.

On the Democrat ballot, we have Hillary Clinton, Chris Dodd (dropped), Dennis Kucinich, and "Uncommitted." On the GOP side, we have Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, John McCain, Fred Thompson, Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul, Rudy Giuliani, and Sam Brownback (dropped out), as well as "uncommitted". It looks like a light turnout by all the precincts I drove by (Southern Livingston, North Washtenaw) early today. That's no shocker since the roads are all snowy.

I think low turnout favors Romney on the GOP side. I'm not sure who it favors on the Democrat side.

UPDATE 1:30PM - EXTREMELY low turnout. I drove up again during lunch break. Low in Northfield township and Green Oak. It's very low in my parent's precinct as well.

No comments: