Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tired of political calls - call 202-652-4583 - Strategic Fundraising

This may end up being my best post and my most popular post in the history of the Republican Michigander blog.

I am not happy with the organization contracted out by the RNC, Strategic Fundraising. These jerks got my cell number. If there is one thing I don't like, it is political orgs calling me and asking for money. I only donate on my terms, not others. If there is one thing I despise, is being asked for money on my cell phone. I NEVER donate over the phone. If I do it, it is always in person or in a rare case, online. NEVER over the phone.

The first call I got was from a guy claiming to be the RNC. This guy was a very aggressive fundraiser. 202-652-4583 Some free advise for this guy. Do not lie to me if you want my support. I'm Irish by blood and remember those types of slights for a long, long time. This guy said he was the RNC, and I asked immediately if this was a financial related call. He said it wasn't, went into talking points and called it a "pledge" instead....of $75. Thanks for lying to me prick. That's a real good way to get a dime from me, genius. I get a call from this same phone number a couple of days later after hanging up on the guy. You didn't get the message? 202-652-4583. Today, I missed a call on my sell. Caller ID - 202-652-4583. Guys, the answer is no. That is spelled n-o. What part of no don't you jagoffs understand? Four calls in two weeks. Do you really want me to stay home this election? If not, don't piss me off with this crap.

Now the one good thing about the 202-652-4583 company. There IS a "Good neighbor policy" on do not call lists. While political organizations (of course) are exempt by the federal Do Not Call lists, at least they allow us to take our names off that list. I just did so, and took my dad's number off the list as well for them since they hate the calls as much as I do.

You can also go to their website and be placed on a DNC list there. If Strategic Fundraising calls me after 48 hours, I'll be putting up another blog post because then they will be liars.

We'll see what happens. In the meantime, there's the number to call, and there's the website as well.

1 comment:

keithr said...

I only give out my cell phone number to close friends and relatives, never to any business, charitable, or political organizations. This is why.

I don't care if they call on my landline because it's free and I screen those calls with an answering machine, and it automatically blocks calls that hide their phone number or I.D.