Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Obama signs another "imperfect" pork bill

Just I said about Bush on spending and earmarks, the buck stops at the top. You can say alot of things about me, but on this issue, I am very consistent.

I ripped Harry Reid's pork bill here



I took my own party to task here

And Bush and the Democrats here

Now it's the same as it ever was here.

Here's the latest From USA Today

President Obama said today he would sign an "imperfect" $410 billion bill to fund the federal government through September, but hopes the bill will mark an end to the old way of doing business.

The bill has nearly 8,000 earmarks, which are pet projects inserted by lawmakers to benefit their states and districts. The practice peaked at twice that number a few years ago, Obama said, and played a part in corruption cases.

Among his proposals to clean up and open up the earmark process: All earmarks must be aired on members' websites and at public hearings, and money can be directed to private companies only after competitive bidding.



Yawn. I'll believe it when I see it. The bottom line is that Obama signed this bill, just as Bush signed the other bills. Presidents have this thing called a VETO PEN. 8,000 is a lot of earmarks. If Obama really opposed this, he would have vetoed it. Period, end of story.

1 comment:

Communications guru said...

I agree; you are consistent. Consistently wrong.