Saturday, June 02, 2012

McCotter is out

It's really too bad that the electoral career (for now) at least of a good guy ends due to a major blunder like this. Thad McCotter releases his statement.




U.S. Rep.’s Sole Focus Is Finishing His Term and Aiding His Requested Attorney General Probe

“I have ended my write-in campaign in Michigan’s 11th Congressional District,” announced McCotter.
“One can’t clean up a mess multitasking. Honoring my promise to the sovereign people of our community only allows me to finish the official duties of my present Congressional term; and aid the State Attorney General criminal investigation that I requested into identifying the person or persons who concocted the fraudulent petitions that have cost me so dearly.

“Honoring this promise does not allow me to continue a political write-in campaign. This decision is final, regardless of how swiftly the investigation is concluded.”
“To those who unhappy at this news, I’m sorry; to those happy at this news, you’re welcome,” McCotter concluded.


I think it's time for us to now get behind a candidate, and for the party apparatuses to stay neutral. That candidate is Kerry Bentivolio. Bentivolio got the signatures to be on the ballot. Write-in campaigns for congress rarely succeed. Bentivolio is the very likely nominee. Many pundits are thinking that someone else wouldn't likely win as a write-in, but keep in mind that it takes at least 25-30K write-ins just to have a ghost of a chance. At minimum, if you want to back someone as a write-in, don't damage Bentivolio to where the dems have a good shot to win.  


 

3 comments:

Communications guru said...

"Major blunder?" Try fraud.

Republican Michigander said...

McCotter blundered by not checking the work of whoever was in charge of signatures.

I don't know what happened, but my speculation is that someone in charge signatures got lazy and procrastinated, panicked, and did something extremely f'ing stupid to say the least, and likely will be joining Michael McGuinness and Jason Bauer in infamy.

Communications guru said...

Like I said, fraud. Even if your tale were true, it shows what a leader he is; the buck stops no where near his desk. He will join Roy Schmidt and Jason Bolger in infamy.