Thursday, March 30, 2006

Judge Stan LaTreille challenged

From the Argus


Brighton attorney William T. Russell announced Wednesday that he will challenge Circuit Judge Stanley J. Latreille for his seat on the November ballot.
"I think I'm at a point in my career where I'd like to do that," Russell said when asked why he is running for judgeship. "I think the citizens of the county deserve a choice, and we shouldn't assume the incumbent will be re-elected."


Every judicial seat in the county will now be contested.

I don't know anything at all about Russell. I do think LaTreille is a stand up guy who deserves re-election.

1 comment:

Keith Richards said...

My wife served on a jury in 2005 with Judge LaTreille presiding. It was a major case that lasted about a week and she was very impressed with his wisdom and professionalism. Both us us will definitely be voting for him this fall.