Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Rudy flips on guns?

I caught this small blurb in the Manchester Union Leader.

Giuliani supports the Second Amendment, and he said there should be no additions to current federal firearms controls. "There should only be restrictions (on the right-to-bear arms) that are constitutionally reasonable and that should be largely determined on a state-by-state basis." He said current federal restrictions strike an "adequate" balance


I find his stance hard to believe. If he was simply enforcing NYC gun laws as mayor, that's one thing. However, he initiated frivolous lawsuits against firearms manufacturers. That's unacceptable and then some.

He's going to have a show a lot more than this to gain the trust of gun owners.

1 comment:

Bachbone said...

He'll have a lot of 'splainin' to do. Since he found it convenient to ignore the Constitution on the Second Amendment, might he not find it convenient to ignore some other portion of it if "the ends justify [his] means?" I'm open to the possibility of voting for him if he can convince me he's had a legitimate change of heart, but I'm not holding my breath.