Friday, July 11, 2008

Gas companies which don't import from Middle East?

I've been trying to find out for a long time which companies import from the Middle East or is owned Hugo Chavez (Citgo). I hope this is accurate.

Terror-Free Oil is a website which among other things, list companies which do not import oil from the Middle East - and some that do.

Ones in Michigan that do not import from the Middle East, according to this site are:

Sunoco
Cenex (Which has stores in the UP)
Holiday (North Michigan)
Flying J - Usually cheaper - Benton Harbor, Saginaw, and Lansing/Grand Ledge area.

They also list those that DO import from the Middle East. The three that surprised me are BP (I thought it was British and Canadian), Shell (Dutch), and Marathon. I remember Marathon ads bragging about "Made in America."

If you have any accurate (not chain email) information about which oil is home or at least not from the Middle East or from people like Hugo Chavez, let us know. I'd rather not pay money to places that finance people like Osama Bin Laden.

No comments: