Thursday, September 22, 2005

Onward to Mackinac

This weekend is the Mackinac Leadership Conference which is the premier GOP event in Michigan that takes place every two years during non major election years(Presidential or Gubenatorial). It is usually the "official" kickoff for campaign season. If there is going to be any surprises, we'll probably know about it there.

I've been to several state conventions and the 04 national convention, but this is my first GOP event in Mackinac, so this will be new to me. At least two possible presidential candidates will be there in Kansas Senator Sam Brownback and Massachusetts Governor and Michigan native Mitt Romney.

I may update this over the weekend if I can get access to a computer there. I'll post a summary here when I get back. This should be a great event, although I wish Mackinac wasn't so much money. Despite the stereotype, not all republicans are rich. Those that believe they are never met me.

UPDATES:

I added Ionia County.

Unfortunatly, blogger isn't cooperating right now with picture posting, so I haven't been able to post any new pictures. I wanted to add a Mackinac one.

One good thing is that I haven't had to delete, zot, tombstone, destroy, eliminate, off, ban, or give the heave ho to any posts since the word verification was added. That stopped those !@%@ing spambot jokers.

No comments: