The results of the July Michigan Bar exam were received today. I am very pleased to announce that 25 of 26 members of the Ave Maria School of Law Class of 2006 passed the Michigan Bar, which is a pass rate of 96%. Please join me in congratulating these graduates for their outstanding performance.
Listed below for your review are the results of all Michigan law schools on the July exam. This is the third time in the last four years in which our graduates have earned top honors among Michigan law schools on the Michigan bar exam.
First-Time Takers
Ave Maria School of Law: 96% Pass
Michigan State University: 94% Pass
University of Michigan: 93% Pass
Wayne State University: 93% Pass
University of Detroit Mercy: 92% Pass
Thomas M. Cooley: 80% Pass
All First-Time Takers in State: 91% Pass
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
We're number one!!
I received this in an email. In three of the last four years, our school was tops in the state when it came to bar passage rates. That says much about the teaching here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Most of my judicial posts came before I started school. My views don't come from my still in process Ave Maria background but a philosophy and political background (Mix of Madison/Jefferson/Jackson/Lincoln). I'm currently a first year student there (which explains the fewer posts), and first year courses as you know are mostly "meat and potatoes" stuff. Contracts, Torts, Civil Procedure, and Property. I haven't taken Con Law yet The only area there even close to controversial is some aspects of torts and some jurisdiction matters in Civ Pro. We are not to the famous Erie case yet.
I am well aware the precedent is worshipped which is both good and bad. Judges hate to be reversed more than anything else, and most fall back to previous cases by their rulings.
As for Roe V Wade and the lesser known Doe v Bolton (which was worse), it'll take me about 20 pages to write out my full arguments on that and it's predecessor (Griswold expansion) and successors (Stenburg, Casey, and Lawrence v Texas). Those are and should be state issues, not federal questions.
I'm much better at arguing this type of thing over a beer than in front of a computer .
Post a Comment